What is blogging and why you should do it? - Blogmantra

Hot

Post Top Ad

Wednesday 13 September 2017

What is blogging and why you should do it?

Blogging is a good practice and quite a trend now. Even if you look at your own friend circle you will definitely find someone who says "I am a blogger".
One day I went to a restaurant with my school friend, we were meeting after a long time. We skimmed through the menu and quickly ordered some starters and began our never-ending gossip session. While I was talking to her I overheard some guy sitting just behind our couch, asking his girl friend "If someone says 'I am a blogger', what does it mean?". To which she replied, "It means he is a blogger".

Image Source: howbloggingworks

It was definitely a lame answer and I wanted to turn back to them and explain him about blogging. But I chose not to. Since you are not from Mars, I take it that you already know what blogging is, right? But to all those, who haven't heard it before and wondering what this alien term is, I have come to your rescue. There was a time, decades back when blogging meant a person keeping a log of his everyday activity, kind of an online journal, but now blogging is not restricted only to that, today blogging is a career. A Blogger creates online content about a particular niche say 'food', and interested people can follow his blog for fresh articles on that topic. Readers can engage and participate in the discussion. Just like the one you are reading, yes Blogmantra is a blog and I am a blogger.



I can give you more than a hundred reasons why you should start a blog, but we don't have the time for that haul. So I will just give you some of the most significant reasons that will inspire you to start blogging.

More: Read 'How to get Google Adsense Approval'

Best for introverts

Image Source: alignedholistics

If you are an introvert, you should try blogging. Most of the time introverts are good with words, moreover, I can give you examples when blogging has really helped people to come out of their shells. India's one of the best pro-blogger Harsh Aggarwal was an introvert when he started his blog, it was difficult for him to make conversation in person. But see him today, he travels all across the world, meets new people and takes international seminars, possible only because of his award winning blog Shoutmeloud.

Improves your writing

Image Source: digitaltrends

We all know writing is a good practice. If you start your blog today and compare your articles on a hundredth day, you will see that you are getting better at this. I have really felt the change in myself. When I started this blog, I struggled to fit even 100 words in my first article and see me today, writing 1000 words is a cakewalk now. Words will effortlessly come out and you can write as long as you want.

Increases your intelligence


Image Source: jeanlouisdavid

How is that even possible? Haha! Well, this is no magic rather logic. Bloggers update their blogs frequently, they create new content almost every day for their readers. Where it comes from? It comes only after extensive research. What I am trying to say is bloggers read a lot of stuff in order to generate their own content. They come across new and interesting information on the internet, they follow other blogs and this eventually increases their knowledge base.

Gives you exposure

Image Source: study

When you start a blog, you definitely think about taking it to the next level. You work hard to increase your reader-base, increase your blog ranking, increase your online presence. In the process, you meet with new people (bloggers and non-bloggers). You create a group or community of people around your blog. If I talk about myself, today I have 4-5 bloggers just like me in my circle, I have talked to some founders and entrepreneurs as well.



Helps you flaunt

Image Source: shutterstock

What could be better than having your own domain, isn't it cool? You will be the lucky one to say "I am a blogger, visit my website". In the starting days, you can flaunt around with it among your friends and cousins. Only with time, you will realise its seriousness. Personally, I feel good in fact great for having started this blog. 


Gives you a side-hustle

Image Source: dojoblog

Blogs can be a very good sideline for earning money. Some people are full-time into it because they generate a good income from it and this income can be as high as six figures in dollars. I am telling you this because believe it or not money drives you better than anything. But it entirely depends on how hard you are willing to work. Blogging is nothing but a calculated and careful investment. If you can't put all your time and efforts into it, just do it as a side business or hobby.

It is probably the time to take your talent online, go pro with a blog. In the next few days, I will write about "How to setup your first blog for free". So keep checking this space. Till then you can read about Google Adsense approval for your blog to make money online.

If you had a wonderful time reading this article and you wish to start a blog, please let me know in the comment section below and I can help you to set up your blog. Share this article with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Don't forget to subscribe to our page so that you don't miss out on amazing articles.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

7 comments:

  1. Really very Nice and Wonderful love useful Blog Post. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. Online Minimal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather than you being inactive during a large portion of your extra time, you ought to make a blog and begin blogging. building a blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. Buy Facebook Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. buy facebook 5 star reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guest posting is just about the most great ways to start building onlookers for your internet site or blog. While you write a guest Guest posting website

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. how to start a blog in india for free

    ReplyDelete

Post Top Ad